Since I was running out of ideas to fuel my blog, I will fall back on to the easiest way to post;take a dig at self. And since it’s talking about “me”, being a narcissist that I am, it sounded even more enterprising. So let us start. Here we go with ten quirks things about me.
1. I was called a cry-baby in school.Yeah, the title was official. I used to cry if somebody split my water bottle or made fun of me. I had zero control over my tear glands which much to my embarrassment relieved itself at the slightest provocation.
2. I am bad at outdoor sports. Don’t bother to name any; I won’t be good at it anyway. The only outdoor game I am good at, let me add proudly, is hide-n-seek. I guess right from childhood I had mastered the art of being unobtrusive or in many a case invisible. It is like I don’t exist at all making it easy for people to ignore me.
3. I can read kannada(almost) which is an achievement if I told you I am a keralite. A bigger one if I confessed that I am an autodidactic who taught self to read the language from comparing multilingual sign boards. It was my hobby to read all billboards on my long bus rides in
, where I spent 4
years of my professional life. Mysore
4. I am directionally challenged.Period.If Google had not released Google maps in
I would never have found
my way around the place.(This indirectly
disproves the statement that girls cannot read maps :P) Singapore
5. One day when I was in second standard, I had decided to run away from home. I packed all my worldly possessions in a suitcase and wrote a long letter to my parents. The abridged content was that I was leaving home for good and they need not look for me. I had written that in Malayalam with immense “feelings” and a profusion of spelling mistakes. (Amma keeps repeating this story at every family function. I am glad she had lost the transcript of the letter. It is mortifying as in it self without any solid proofs and for all I know she would’ve got it into a gilt edged frame and displayed it at the foyer for the entertainment of guests at the cost of her progeny’s early life endeavors.)
6. I’m proud of my smile and when people tell me it’s magnetic, I know for once I am not total disaster project of Almighty.Inspite of all His misgivings in judgments (especially about things I have asked Him to give me and the things He has given me with the uncalled for twists) I am willing to give him a big hug.
7. I can recollect people and their relationship with me in a jiffy. I hardly forget anyone I’ve met. So when I met my husband’s family I had the natural advantage of remembering his relatives by their name and salutations which helped me make a glowing impression. So beware, if you have come across me anytime in your life, I probably know your life history and all your deep dark secrets.: D
8. I’ll smile at a person (who I am acquainted with,offcourse silly)three times, if the person doesn’t return my smile and stays aloof I’ll never smile at him (however cute he is) or her. If the person is standing in a group I’ll flash my most heart warming smile at every one in the group except that person. I derive immense pleasure out of it.Yeah; go ahead sue me for being mean.
9. I’ll lynch you if you talk ill of my best buddies. I swear, I mean it. They may have their vices but you are not allowed to judge them as I know them better than you.
10. I hate it when people waste food. I’ll pester them to finish whatever is there on the plate and won’t let them budge if they haven’t. Learn to serve yourself only what you need. I remember the story about Sudama and his family and the hundreds of small children in under developed countries who go without food everyday and I will keep retell those tales till you have wipe cleaned your plate.
So these are my top ten quirky secrets. Not secrets really. Things people do not know about me.